How To Get An Iranian Visa
Fill out the online application form to get an Iran Tourist Visa
Terms and Conditions
- Almost all countries in the world can travel to Iran after having provided the necessary documents and obtaining a visa with having a valid passport (with a validity of at least six months).
- All the nationalities except Israel can apply for Iran Entry Visa.
- All citizens of America, Canada and UK must travel on a group or private tour with a registered guide to be allowed a visa to Iran. The itineraries for the aliens of these countries must be clearly identified, such as accommodations, attractions to be visited, exact dates of arrival and departure, and in some cases, the exact routes of travel must be mentioned.
- Aliens of the United States not only have to travel to Iran with a package-tour but also must travel along with a tour guide who has approved by the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Migration Police Department.
- Citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Iraq, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, and Bangladesh are not allowed to obtain an airport visa. They must go to the Iranian consulates or embassies to request for Iran visa.
- Citizens of Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka can’t apply for a visa from travel agencies to get an authorization number. They must apply for a visa to Iran directly to one of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s consulates or embassies to get an Iran visa.
- In general, the maximum validity of traveler’s stay with a tourist visa is 30 days and they are regarded as a single entry. To stay longer than 30 days, the visa should be extended in Iran.
- You can apply for tourist visa after sending us the required documents including passport image, personal photo, and visa form. Your request will be sent to Iran’s MFA and usually, MFA will issue an 18-digit code (authorization number) after 7-10 working days. Having this code and referring to Iran’s embassy in your country, you can receive your visa stamp.
- The validity duration of this code for receiving Iran visa stamp fee is one month since the issuance time. And since the time of visa stamp reception, the tourist has three months time to enter Iran. And the important point is that exiting Iran must be done before the expiration of this three months validity.
There are two different Iran visa fees:
- The amount we charge to receive your authorization number.
- The other fee is the consular fee which you pay directly to the Iranian embassy or consulate where you will collect your visa.
Please notice that the prices are depending on your nationality.
Required Documents for Iran Visa
- a scanned copy of the first page of your passport that has at least 6 months validity
- a passport photo with solid white background (ladies are not required to wear head coverings)
- Filled out visa form.
Based on the mutual agreement within the framework of international rules and regulations, citizens of some countries are exempt from applying for a visa to enter Iran. They include the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt, and Malaysia. They can travel to Iran for a certain period without requiring a visa. In order to extend Iran visa, they can pay a low amount of money at the affiliated to MFA offices in Iran
Iran’s Visa Free Zones
You can travel to the beautiful attractions of Kish Island, Qeshm Island, Chahbahar, Maku, Arvand, Anzali, and Aras without any Iran visa and stay there for fourteen days and to extend your stay, you can pay a low amount of money at the affiliated offices to MFA in Iran.
Iran visa Extension
The good news is that Iran tourist visa is usually extendable up to 60 days, 2 months. If you have a 30-day tourist visa, by going to Police Office of Foreign Aliens in Tehran, Mashhad or Isfahan you can usually extend it for another 30 days, but harder, to extend again, up to a maximum of 90 days. If you have Iran visa on arrival, the extension of it depends on the discretion of Police Aliens Affairs Dept.
Electronic visa application
Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form is for temporary travel to the Islamic Republic of IRAN. The Application is submitted electronically to E-visa Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the application to process the visa application and, may be combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.
Visa applicants must submit a completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for all nonimmigrant visa categories, including applicants applying for Entry, Tourist, Work, Treatment, Press, Student, Family, and Investment visas.
Go to the address www.e_visa.mfa.ir/en to make your online application.
Visa On Arrival (VOA)
It is a direct Visa that can be obtained at the airport of arrival. Easy to process, it should not pose any problem. However, there are certain exceptions that cannot use this system to obtain the Visa and must use another system to access the country.
Exceptions that are not allowed to obtain an airport visa:
- Citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Iraq, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh Journalists who travel to practice their profession.
- Persons who have previously been denied access to IRAN
- People who have visited Israel
List of airports where you can get the Visa On Arrival (VOA):
- Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport
- Tehran Mehrabad Airport
- Your authorization number
- Travel insurance
- 2 passport photo
- Flight of arrival and departure
- Your passport with empty pages (must have more than 6 months of validity left)
- Reservation of the first night in Iran.
- Visa fee in cash.